Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
scoobidot_1982
Yuudai
Ix
Pyar
jave-lin
9 posters

Ps3 Phat 60gb system, overheating problems......

jave-lin
    jave-lin
    Nomad
    Nomad

Ps3 Phat 60gb system, overheating problems...... Empty Ps3 Phat 60gb system, overheating problems......

Post by jave-lin Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:01 pm

So okay, after about more than 4 years
    of having and owning my Ps3 day one 60gb system,
    it's been overheating a lot, as of lately,
    to the point of shutting down by itself
    after just about 30 minutes of play.

It only works well continuously, if I play it late at night,
    and when it's really really cold.

It kicks into this hella LOUD fan mode,
    and then displays an overheating message,
    then it shuts down by itself without warning,
    and the red power light blinks over and over again....

WTF.

Why is it overheating so often, and so easily?
    Does this mean that my 60gb ps3 system,
    is on the heels of *knock on wood* (gulp) failing?

Why is the 60gb system so plagued with problems???
    Damnit. I don't have a Ps2, never did,
    so the only way I ever get to play Ps2 cds
    is through this Complete Backwards compatible system.

I don't want to lose it, even though I have exactly
    5 Ps3 systems in my house.....(2 that are non working).
    I upgraded this Ps3 to 500gbs and have sooooooo many
    game saves and files on it. Damn,
    guess I have to run the Data Utility onto my external HDD
    just in case......

Any of you own a 60gb PS3 Phat,
    and encounter any problems with it,
    such as overheating?

What are some of your prevention techniques?
    Pyar
    Atari 2600
    Atari 2600

Ps3 Phat 60gb system, overheating problems...... Empty Re: Ps3 Phat 60gb system, overheating problems......

Post by Pyar Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:38 pm

dood you have to accept the fact that no such thing will last forever.. everything has its end.. get over with it and buy a new one Very Happy
    jave-lin
    jave-lin
    Nomad
    Nomad

Ps3 Phat 60gb system, overheating problems...... Empty Re: Ps3 Phat 60gb system, overheating problems......

Post by jave-lin Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:10 am

LOL. I do realize that, not all electronic devices and gadgets
    do not last......forever......jeez,
    am in the electronics buying and wholesale business after all,
    so I do know this stuff.....lol....

It's just that the 60gb Ps3 model,
    is a launch model, and SONY has stopped all manufacturing
    of the system since late 2007.
    And even if I do send it in for replacement (which is out of warranty
    obviously), it's not guaranteed that they will have any
    refurbished stocks in place for it.....
    so am basically, just like all 60gb launch day owners,
    are and is screwed.....

I like my 60gb Phat, it's my first Ps3 console.
    And lol, I do not need to buy or get another one,
    I have 3 Ps3 Slims in my home, that I can play on.
    It's difficult to acquire a Brand New Ps3 Phat nowadays,
    especially a model that is BC.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion though.
    I would like to hear from others,
    what their preventive measures are. Smile
    Ix
    Ix
    ColecoVision
    ColecoVision

Post by Ix Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:15 am

You probably just have to clean the fan (from the inside!). It's probably just clogged. I have a 60GB Phat and I haven't had any issues so far.
    Yuudai
    Yuudai
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post by Yuudai Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:08 am

Complex machine = more issues
    scoobidot_1982
    Nintendo Entertainment System
    Nintendo Entertainment System

Post by scoobidot_1982 Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:21 pm

@javelin
    akoang 60gb na ps3 gipalit nako july of 2007. namatay og pinakalit feb of 2009... ylod gihapon.. naayo lng og pila ka days then ma ylod napud.. ok man unta ang 60gb na ps3 tungod sa iyang BC feature.. pero hadlok lng jud kaayo na nga unit kay grabe ka pas2x mo init..
    Yuudai
    Yuudai
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post by Yuudai Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:41 am

@Javelin

Cowabunga, dude!!!!!!
    Thumbs up for 5 ps3's cheers
    jave-lin
    jave-lin
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post by jave-lin Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:59 pm

@ lx: Yeah, your probably right, I do need to open it up (yet again) and clean it of dust. Out of the things I got, I don't got a vacuum with a hose. LOL! So Ima have to ask a friend tech of mine at his shop to clean it up and open it for me. Gonna clean the fan, vents, and all that stuff. Maybe reapply new artic silver thermal paste, cause last time it was opened, the standard factory default thermal paste had almost dried out completely. So, maybe that's an issue too. I don't want this unit to die on me, cause it's my fave out of all the units,
    and I put it in me bedroom. Your one lucky sonovagun, do you regularly clean your 60gb inside and out?

@ bidot: Oo bai. Kusog ang kureyente sa 60gb Ps3 model. Grabe ang init/overheat pag ma overtime imong gaming session...
    Unsay imong Gb model karon? Slim? Pila Gbs?

@ Yuudai: lmao bro. Only 3 are working at the moment, 1 is YLOD and cannot be revived (Pos unit, don't know what to do with it), and the other one is currently away to be repaired at the SONY service center in Tx. Still waiting for that one to come back. I get all my units for wholesale, except the 60gb Phat and one 250gb I got for free, for doing that online referral thing. Barely spent $1.2k for all the units. lol.
    Ps3s are expensive in the Phils for some reason, you can get one here for like $150 bucks on a good deal. No joke.
    pogzraditz
    pogzraditz
    Xbox 1
    Xbox 1

Post by pogzraditz Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:35 am

Ps3 Phat 60gb system, overheating problems...... Ylod

my new anti-ylod system, bwahahahaha lol!
    jave-lin
    jave-lin
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post by jave-lin Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:45 am

pogzraditz wrote:Ps3 Phat 60gb system, overheating problems...... Ylod

my new anti-ylod system, bwahahahaha lol!

LMAO!!!

What's the heck is that you put that Slim on top of?!?!
    Glowing all alien blue and stuff.

And you elevated it that high huh?
    You put in something that would make sure it wouldn't
    slide and fall??? Being that high up. Looks dangerous. O_O
    pogzraditz
    pogzraditz
    Xbox 1
    Xbox 1

Post by pogzraditz Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:52 am

It's an inverted notebook cooling pad javs, ahaha. It will never ever slip since I mighty-bonded the rubber chair shoes to the cooling pad and made it sure that it's helluva stable. bwahaha.
    jave-lin
    jave-lin
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post by jave-lin Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:56 am

LMFAO, that's freakn hardcore.

Rep to you for that sweet rig! lol.

Epic!!!
    pogzraditz
    pogzraditz
    Xbox 1
    Xbox 1

Post by pogzraditz Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:04 am

haha, thanks jav. I first saw this idea in a thread in PPS and someone in youtube but I made mine more stable and secure since I used rubber chair shoes. The one in PPS used coke bottle caps to elevate the ps3 from the pad, a small bump could make his PS3 kapeeesh! hehe.
    asertyuio
    asertyuio
    PlayStation 3
    PlayStation 3

Post by asertyuio Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:19 am

uuuuyyy, ayusa ana ui...A whole lot better than my book elavation technique...asa ka nka palit anang cooler pogz? ug knang rubber thing? naa bay ma palit ana nga individual?
    pogzraditz
    pogzraditz
    Xbox 1
    Xbox 1

Post by pogzraditz Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:25 am

sa cdr-king aserty, tag 180php ra na kanang pinakamura nila nga cooler. ang rubber chair shoes sa hardware sa nc3 mall 2ng sa 2nd floor. 4 pcs/set jud xa aserty tag 24php pero murag naa man ata na sa mga branded nga hardware like ace ug handyman. mga more or less 300php aqng nagasto tanan apil na mighty bond. hehe.
    jon_309
    jon_309
    PlayStation 3
    PlayStation 3

Post by jon_309 Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:54 am

haha, nice one, ana pud ang gigamit ni gouty sa iyang slim, gipakapin gani niya ang rubber pgbaligya. Hehe.
    pogzraditz
    pogzraditz
    Xbox 1
    Xbox 1

Post by pogzraditz Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:13 am

haha, lisod jd ning nkatilaw ug YLOD jon ke makaparanoid mao ngbuhat ko ani.
    jon_309
    jon_309
    PlayStation 3
    PlayStation 3

Post by jon_309 Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:52 am

naka ayus sa imong setup pogz kay naa underglow, murag sakyanan nga pang tokyo drift. haha
    pogzraditz
    pogzraditz
    Xbox 1
    Xbox 1

Post by pogzraditz Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:03 am

haha, apil nman na sa cooling pad jon.
    jon_309
    jon_309
    PlayStation 3
    PlayStation 3

Post by jon_309 Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:46 am

kuyawa ana nga cooling pad uy, tagpila na? Dli ko familiar sa slim ps3, naa diay exhaust vents sa ilalom? Gusto ko ana pero fat man ako unit, ug naa sa likod ang exhaust.
    pogzraditz
    pogzraditz
    Xbox 1
    Xbox 1

Post by pogzraditz Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:23 am

180php sa cdr-king, wala man vents sa ilalim front ug back lang. gbaliktad nq ang cooling pad arun ma.suction nya ang hot air sa ilalum sa ps3 thru air conduction. bwahaha, mao man ingon sa mga forums maski sa youtube dpat bliktarun daw. so far, tinoud xa dli na halos muinit aqng slim ug nwala 2ng murag popping sounds.
    asertyuio
    asertyuio
    PlayStation 3
    PlayStation 3

Post by asertyuio Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:44 am

Ayos, try kug palit ani later hehehe salamat kau pogs, ky mrg kulang jd 2 akng gna buhat, elevate PS3 with books, then electric fan sa likod niya, mu init man gd japn after awhile...

asa nka sak2 ang cooling pad?
    jon_309
    jon_309
    PlayStation 3
    PlayStation 3

Post by jon_309 Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:09 pm

ahh ok, salamat pogz. Nka tindog man gud akong ps3 ngita pko paagi na mabutangan ug exhaust just incase. Hehe

palit na socom 4 pogz, dula ta nila cha arc ug jav, si aserty kay muapas pud.
    pogzraditz
    pogzraditz
    Xbox 1
    Xbox 1

Post by pogzraditz Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:48 pm

@aserty: palit ka USB extension male to female tag 40 ra man guro to sa cdr-king. tpos usb adapter kanang sa mga celfon gd or kanang sa ipod dghan man peke ana tag 50 tpos sak2 na daun nimu sa wall socket para less power consumption sa ps3. yaw sa likod ibutang ang e fan dpat sa front ke para ma suck in sa ps3 ang cool air. hehe.

@jon: murag nyko intercooler imu need jon qng patindog pero murag phase out na ata na run, dli q sure. lageh, mupalitay pa q socom4. nahurot aqng kwarta pgpalit sa slim, tigom sa q nya hutdon sa nq aqng mga games nga wa pa nadula. humanun nq run holy week. ahaha.
    cha-arc
    cha-arc
    PlayStation 3
    PlayStation 3

Post by cha-arc Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:35 pm

^palit socom pogz sabay ta coop nila jon murag online na ugma gabii ang servers. paugat ko unya ug pa level sa weapons para naa na ko mods daan pagabot sa mp.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:23 pm